17 August 2015

Between the Lines - Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer

Genre: Young Adult/Fiction/Romance

This is one of the sweetest books I've ever read.  A multi-dimensional love story, 16 year old Delilah loves reading and happy endings and a lack of surprises.  And she finds all this in a fairy tale titled Between the Lines, authored by Jessamyn Jacobs.  It is the only copy in existence and when we first meet Delilah she gives the most beautiful description of the outward appearance of the book.  At first it is just a story but when the main character, Prince Oliver, speaks to her from within the book, everything changes.

I own the trade paperback version and it has the most exquisite illustrations and random beautiful sketches scattered throughout the novel which just add to the wonderfully enchanting nature of the novel.  I think this is a definite must read for any book lover so that they can wonder and imagine the lives of their favourite characters after the book is closed.

I think that I enjoyed this book so much because I can see myself in Delilah and her absolute obsession with reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment